I gather a circle of stones.
I am grateful to live in a place of natural abundance. At least a dozen species of wildflowers greet me during each walk. I’ve also grown in the habit of noticing the plentiful, powerful minerals that grace this place – quartz, obsidian, jade and others I cannot begin to name.
I am called to ritual each day:
- Sending gratitude, love, blessings, and Reiki to the earth
- Asking for stones to speak to me, especially those who would like to be included in my circle to assist in expanding my spirit
- Noticing shapes, sizes, and colors
- Sensing how they feel to me and how they make me feel
- Talking story to myself during the gathering as if I sit with a circle of Elders
- Sitting by my circle after the gathering to place my new stones
- Meditating on the circle, sending Reiki blessings to the circle and all-that-is
Today I notice a freshly burrowed hole on the crest of a hill. A heart-shaped chalcedony lay kicked out by the new residents, an offering to me, a treasure. The heart appears nearly quartz-like, pristine white with a red slash from top to bottom down the middle as if to signify the two ventricles of a heart coming together in union. Feeling the hard, cool stone in my hand, my life begins to synergize into a whole I haven’t felt in several days of witnessing the earth’s and ocean’s chaotic attempts at healing. I feel a flood of creativity enter into my heart and mind in a way that feels completely integrative.
I gather a circle of stones. They nurture me, inspire me, and feed my creativity. They call to me in my sleep, in my dreams, away from living slumber and into life – awakening!
What new ritual calls to you?
What would your heart like to create? to integrate?