When there is great disappointment, we don’t know if that’s the end of the story. It may be the beginning of a great adventure. ~ Pema Chödrön
In these times of transition and transformation, fear seems a natural byproduct of the day. It’s nearly impossible, most days, to see around the bend to what may be. Uncertainty of the future, sensing loss of love or security can be huge triggers. What to do with fears? Denial doesn’t work. Sticking my tongue out at fear won’t either. I’ve tried. Journaling helps. Talking to friends can help (if they don’t collaborate with me). Coaching helps. Reiki calms. Yet, fears have a way of coming back into my life, even if they slink off for a bit from time to time. My ego seems to be attached to them. They keep me small, after all.
What’s the message in your fear?
In what ways does fear hold you small?
In choosing who to be, I rise above the fears and daringly gaze into the sunbeams of faith and hope. That’s where I find a new world emerging, one where…
- Ego’s unkind influences are banished one by one
- Authenticity, individuality and creativity are honored
- We all feel prepared to look out for the whole – all beings on our planet – with wisdom to realize we are all interconnected
- We realize our thoughts and energy are the basis for all we create in our individual and collective reality
- We take good care to ensure we stay in integrity
- We have the courage to be the change we wish to see
- Wait a minute. Back up the bus. What’s this, choosing who to be stuff?
I’m talking about finding me, beyond the roles I play of professional, nurturer, hedonist, etc., and beyond the mind chatter that provides constant commentary of my own and everyone else’s ills. Somewhere beyond all that lies a still and peaceful heart full of love and compassion, where all manner of wonder is not only possible but here now in this moment.
When are you most likely to tap into your true essence?
When are you most likely to feel love emanate from all of you?
What will you do to bring yourself back to this awareness?